We have a reputation for providing an exceptional legal service. We are renowned for our commitment to excellence and for our ability to find innovative solutions to the most complex of legal problems. Our clients recognize and value this.
Our reputation is confirmed by our rankings in the legal directories.
To see what others say about us, read some independent comments:
- Founder of AVK Legal, Alexandros Koliothomas marries technical mastery with an intimate understanding of the pressures of running a business.
WTR 1000 – World Trademark Review, 2019
- Alexandros Koliothomas recently opened a new IP and technology boutique AVK Legal. Sources appreciate his ‘professionalism, knowledge, responsiveness and ability to coordinate issues across multiple jurisdictions’.
WTR 1000 – World Trademark Review, 2018
- Alexandros Koliothomas is a well recognized TMT lawyer who is particularly well regarded for his activity in media related matters. Clients say that he has ‘deep technical knowledge of IT contracts.’ He recently advised Inside Story on its cookies policy, data privacy and cross border data transfer issues.
Chambers & Partners Europe, 2017
- Alexandros Koliothomas is ‘an expert in patent and trade mark issues’.
The Legal 500 EMEA, 2017
- Clients describe Alexandros Koliothomas as ‘extremely intelligent, commercial and strategic’.
The Legal 500 EMEA, 2017
- The industrious Alexandros Koliothomas has ‘significant experience and deep knowledge in the field – he can explore any matter in detail, and then promptly and effectively present clients with the essential facts. Plus, he is very strong in negotiations and communicates well’.
WTR 1000 – World Trademark Review, 2017
- Alexandros Koliothomas is an expert in media law, copyright and fair usage policies, and is noted for representing high profile individuals in the media sector, alongside his corporate clients. Sources praise him as ‘effective and quick he is very cooperative and makes life easier.’
Chambers & Partners Europe, 2016
- He has an in-depth understanding of the complex international IP environment and how it relates to a company’s specific needs and commercial issues.
ILO – Client Choice Winner (IP), 2016
- The ‘simply remarkable’ Alexandros Koliothomas who ‘delivers the highest-quality advice and support’.
The Legal 500 EMEA, 2016
- ‘Esteemed collaborator’ Alexandros Koliothomas is an adept all rounder, although licensing and franchising are fortes. ‘I’ve been really pleased with his professionalism’ enthused one happy client. ‘He’s a hard labourer who knows IP matters extremely well.’
WTR 1000 – World Trademark Review, 2016
- IP and IT expert Alexandros Koliothomas impresses clients with his integrity, reliability and effectiveness. “He is very quick in replying to our concerns and proposing strategies that can help us reach our targets,” praised one client.
Chambers & Partners Europe, 2015
- “He cherishes his cooperation and is not afraid to challenge those around him if his client’s interests are at stake.”
ILO – Client Choice Winner (IP), 2015
- Alexandros Koliothomas ‘stands out for his intellect, competence, multiple strengths and talents’. ‘Constructive and result-oriented’.
The Legal 500 EMEA, 2015
- Alexandros Koliothomas tirelessly fights the good fight against counterfeiters on behalf of his clients: ‘He is willing to do whatever it takes to track the product down, and when it comes to litigation is fully committed to the case. He is results oriented, reliable and has great integrity.’
WTR 1000 – World Trademark Review, 2015
- Clients describe Alexandros Koliothomas as a “prepared, thorough and thoughtful lawyer.” He is knowledgeable on copyrights, patents, and database matters.
Chambers & Partners Europe, 2014
- “Alexandros’ outstanding interpersonal skills enable good teamwork that, together with his leadership capabilities, get positive results in both national and international matters.”
ILO – Client Choice Winner (IP), 2014
- Alexandros Koliothomas is ‘a wolf in the best possible meaning’.
The Legal 500 EMEA, 2014
- “Alexandros is exceptionally responsive and establishes an excellent rapport with clients, colleagues and opposing counsel.”
ILO – Client Choice Winner (IP), 2012
- “Well regarded by clients for his expertise in IP matters. Has particular expertise in licensing and technology transfers, as well as enforcement and protection of IP rights.”
PLC Which Lawyer?, 2010