Trademarks are crucial to the success of most modern business organizations and they are at the core of competition in today’s rapidly expanding global market.
We provide counseling in a wide variety of trademark and unfair competition law, ranging from trademark clearance, brand development, strategic planning and enforcement policy issues to portfolio management and licensing.
We conduct trademark searches, we provide opinions of registrability and strength of marks and we monitor for infringing use by third parties. We co-ordinate trademark applications worldwide, working through a worldwide network of trademark firms and agents selected for their ability to deliver timely, high-quality, and value-added services.
We prepare and file opposition and cancellation proceedings against trademark applications and registration before the Greek Trademarks Administrative Committee and before EUIPO, as well as infringement proceedings in national courts in Greece.
We coordinate efforts to protect our clients’ trademark rights worldwide. We negotiate and prepare all forms of trademark-related agreements such as transfer, licensing, franchising, co-existence and merchandising agreements.
Key trademark services include:
- Clearance for use advice, including searches to evaluate and manage the risk involved with launching a new brand or expanding an established brand into new territories or commercial fields
- Trademark filling on national, international and European level, prosecution and enforcement
- Maintaining domestic and foreign trademark registration portfolios, including renewals and global portfolio management and enforcement
- Trademark oppositions, invalidity and revocation actions
- Handling appeals to the Greek Trademark Administrative Committee, EUIPO Boards of Appeal, the Court of Appeal and the General Court and European Court of Justice
- Trademark and unfair competition litigation
- Anti-counterfeiting services
- Parallel imports and repackaging cases
- Comparative and misleading advertising
- Providing trade mark infringement advice
- Specialist experience in relation to non-standard trade mark rights such as shape and colour marks and other aspects of trade dress
- All manner of trademark agreements such as transfer, licensing, including character and personality merchandising licensing, brand extensions, contract manufacturing of branded products, etc.
- Due diligence