We provide a full range of services associated with applying for, maintaining and enforcing patents. We draft and prosecute utility and design patent applications and provide patent counseling and litigation services.
We prepare and negotiate patent-related agreements such as licenses, joint development agreements, consulting and research agreements and rights transfers.
When it comes to patent litigation, we are experienced in devising enforcement and patent challenge strategies. We have acted in some of the most high profile patent disputes, including before the appeal courts.
We routinely advise at the interface between patents and competition/regulatory law, for example, in relation to Supplementary Protection Certificates.
Key services include:
- Advising on patent and Supplementary Protection Certificate (SPC) litigation including disputes relating to infringement, validity and entitlement
- Patent filing and registration
- Patent litigation (enforcement strategy, infringement & nullity/revocation proceedings)
- Validation of European Patents
- Advising on strategies relating to European patent litigation, in the light of the proposed Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court, including opt-out strategies for standard European patents
- Dealing with patent issues that arise in corporate transactions
- Advising on and negotiating a range of agreements related to patents including patent licences, R&D agreements, manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements, collaboration agreements, technology transfer, and clinical trial agreements
- Anti-counterfeiting & customs