The digitization of media production and transmission, the convergence of media, telecommunications and IT technologies, the growing popularity of mobile communications and especially of the Internet, have changed the media landscape radically since the beginning of the twenty-first century.
These trends have important legal implications and put pressure on traditional media law models.
Our Media & Entertainment Practice brings together intellectual property, technology, commercial, corporate, competition and disputes expertise to advise on complex transactions and commercial matters.
For us, the creative business is our business, and we are top-ranked for our expertise in media & entertainment law.
Key services include:
- Live events, including concerts
- Film and documentaries production and licensing agreements
- Social media networks in relation to their procedures, policies and safety features
- Commercial communications irrespective of media (social media, audiovisual)
- Sponsorship, agency and distribution agreements
- Character merchandising
- Sweepstakes and online competitions
- Content production, acquisition and distribution
- Publishing contracts, including electronic publishing
- Pre-publication advice, including libel and privacy
- Magazines, newspapers and journals
- Data protection and e-commerce – advice for new publishing apps, websites and digital services
- Brand licensing
- Disputes – strategic advice and risk assessment in relation to publishing related disputes, including over interpretation and breach of contract terms and intellectual property
- Creative commons licensing
- Content and applications
- Defamation and infringement of personality rights
- Talent agreements, including director, producer, presenter, artist and composer agreements
- Legal and regulatory frameworks relating to media and entertainment, including advising on the application of media and broadcasting regulation to business activities
- Consumer protection
Chambers & Partners Europe, 2016
“Particularly well regarded for his activity in media related matters”
Chambers & Partners Europe, 2017